Here are some good tips when approaching your metadata integration effort.
- Very difficult to develop in house – most efforts fail as it gets unwieldy quick.
- Try to identify the important metadata you need.
- Focus on business metadata and data governance metadata.
- ETL tools are not all made equal and don’t always provide full or complete metadata.
- Understand the problem you are trying to solve.
- Get help from the experts, your chances for success are excellent.
- Use a phased approach.
- Don’t try to boil the ocean, you’ll get burned.
- Break activities down by technical vs business.
- Always directly address business requirements solution.
Click here to read more…